Origins of Massage:
The origins of massage are as primal as the basic human need to be touched.
Massage is a form of tissue manipulation, which has evolved over thousands of years.
Jewel employs a combination of classical, remedial, deep tissue, and muscle energy techniques, incorporating Eastern and Western practices to relax and rejuvenate the body.
We all suffer from stress in our lives, often to the point of overload. Massage is an excellent, natural way of reducing stress, resulting in a balancing effect on mind, body and spirit.
Benefits of massage:
- Relieves stress and aids relaxation
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Calms the nervous system
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Loosens tight muscles and stiffness
Massage can be beneficial in treating:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorders
- Neck/shoulder/back stiffness and pain
- Depression, stress and anxiety