Jewel has a passion for cultures, travelling around India, Australia and South East Asia studying various forms of yoga and bodywork.
She began her journey in holistic therapies after spending a year travelling around New Zealand working in Spiritual retreat centres. During this time she studied and worked in Vipassana Meditation Centres (A form of Buddhist Meditation) giving her a deeper sense of enlightenment and awareness in every day life.
After experiencing the amazing healing and nurturing benefits that Thai Bodywork had on her life, she embarked on an intense study of Traditional Thai Bodywork in Chiang Mai, Thailand, continuing her studies in Devon, with the British School of Thai Bodywork.
Jewel went on to gain qualifications in the following therapies:
- Reiki Attuned, at the Awareness Centre, Axminster, Devon.
- Reflexology ITEC, with the Wilbury School of Natural Therapies, Brighton.
- Classical Massage, with Anatomy and Physiology, (IPTI), and Advanced Massage, with the College of Classical Massage and Natural Therapies, Brighton.
- Sports massage ITEC level 2. Crawley
- Seated Acupressure Massage, with European Shiatsu School. Eastbourne
- LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) London
- Myofascial Release Foundation Course and Myofascial Release Advanced Course with Jing Massage, Brighton
- Hot Stone 6 day Fusion Comprehensive with Jing Massage, Brighton
You can find jewel at festivals and exhibitions around the country giving people the opportunity to experience her therapies. She is a regular at The Yoga Show, The Mind Body Spirit and The Womad Festival. Throughout the year she gives her time to charity events.
Jewel has settled in Brighton now, practicing at Palmeira Practice in Hove and the Sundial Chiropractic Clinic in Brighton.
This increased awareness prompted Jewel to set up Jewel therapies, which offers Traditional Thai Bodywork, Reflexology, Massage, Reiki and Seated Acupressure Massage in and around the Brighton and Hove area.